Cathy dusted off the sewing machine to work on some projects for Steve and Sue. Steve had some minor repairs he needed on existing canvas and wanted to have some covers made for his cockpit seats. Sue's project was bigger, and a little more intimidating. She wanted a sail cover and helm cover. Her existing canvas was frayed and threadbare. A couple of days of work and she had some crisp new canvas that should last her quite a while. While working on that project, someone else approached for a re-stitch, and . . . Well, you get the idea.
In between the projects from other boats, we took a look at our chafe protection that looked well-worn after almost a year of use. Instead of dissecting jeans, we opted for some denim on sale at JoAnn Fabrics, that Cathy stitched up into a few dozen sleeves that should last through the next year.
After another couple of hours on the water, we finished the engine break-in and gave our mechanic the thumbs up that all was working well. So, Dave turned his attention to the batteries, giving them a good check-up and finding all the batteries were doing fine. With a grandson coming for a visit, we needed to clean out the V-berth, which motivated us to hoist the headsail. We checked out the mainsail and headsail furling systems and found them working well. There were some small glitches that took a little effort to fix and then all systems were operational. With that completed, we had the bottom cleaned and a Coast Guard Safety check done, which we passed easily.
We are blessed to be close enough to our grandkids to see them often. A trip to Nauticus. One to Busch Gardens. A week visit from Droz. It's all good.
Sue entered her first race, the Tri-Service cup and came in 3rd place in her class. Way to go!