The first few weeks of January came and went in a blur. Our first Nomads project during Covid was a resounding success for the work accomplished safely. We continued to make small changes to better use our new RV and have been tweaking our marketing to help sell our Puma.
Afternoon devotions outside. Couples working independently or teams outside. Singing with masks on. No church dinners. Two couples canceling due to pandemic concerns. It was a different year.
The work went on however. And although it shouldn’t be surprising, we were again in awe of how much was accomplished, despite the constraints of the pandemic. Our priorities were restoring the Mission House to service for the use of Beyond 90, installing gutters and repairing damaged wood on Pastor Jacob’s house, finish sealing the gym roof, repairing the well that is used to water the community gardens managed by several Burmese families, fixing a leaking drain pipe and getting a golf cart running. Not too much to ask. We even squeezed in a few more tasks as well.
You can get a glimpse of what was accomplished in the project video, seen here.
The big sign on the window said, “Thin-Shade Ready”. Our entry door had a window that had no shade or other covering. That might work here in Jacksonville, as we faced the woods, but was less appealing as we moved on from here. But those 3 words on the door made it seem like a simple fix. We ordered one of those shades, watched a video after it arrived and quickly went to do the simple install.
Not so fast.
What should have been simply flipping 4 latches open and then closed took all of Cathy’s and then Dave’s strength. And the shade still kept slipping out. Until one of the plastic latches snapped off. Since this was part of the installed window, what next? We contacted Lippert about the problem and, to our surprise, they immediately acknowledged that this should have been easy. Within a few days, a new window was on its way. Hopefully it would install easier than the shade.
With this success under our belts, we moved on to the existing window and popped it off the frame. The new window went on quickly as well. So, the final step was to install the shade. And sure enough, we flipped the 4 latches open, popped in the shade and then flipped them closed. It worked. And we did it all over our lunch break. Not bad.
Our compliments to Lippert.
We adapted the Weber grill to run off the RV's low-pressure quick connect, by removing the pressure regulator from the grill and buying an adaptor kit with a 12-foot hose. Now, we can continue to use the RV propane tanks to run the grill.