While we were getting used to broadcasting the Sunday services to Faith’s Youtube channel, the desire was to have a similar livestream on Facebook. The attempts to use a separate cellphone to do this were not working well, so we came up with a plan to broadcast the service to Facebook as well. Using a separate computer, we displayed the Youtube service and used this as input to upload to Facebook. That preserved the slides showing the words to the scriptures and songs, as well as the sound quality of the Youtube stream.
It seemed to work well, and it caught the attention of Jahaziel, who was streaming his dad’s service at his church in West Palm Beach. We gave him some ideas for using the cell phone cameras for his service, which he used the next Sunday. We are all in this together.
The popularity of the livestream is increasing, and the congregation wants it to continue once they can gather again. Since our current set-up takes up half of a pew and has loose wires all over the church, we have some work to do to make this happen routinely with a lot less clutter and time investment. We’ll see what develops.
Most of our locksmithing efforts were devoted to making it possible to have a key that would work for mission teams and individuals that come to stay at the church. By creating an operating key that would open the rooms that were common to these guests, there would be less unnecessary access for these individuals.
Also, in the absence of a locksmith over the past few years, some tenants had put their own locks into doors that the church had to have special keys for. We re-keyed these to allow the staff to use a master key, while still giving the tenant their own unique keyed access.
There is still work to do in the gym, but, hard to believe, we are starting to run out of locks to work on.
We are starting to run out of cool days, so we decided to take advantage of the few remaining ones by washing and waxing the truck and the RV. While the truck had been waxed not too long ago, we think it has been 2 years since we have done the RV and it showed. Of course, once we were into it, we were reminded why we had waited 2 years to do it. Also, while up on the ladder, we finally put a ball under the slide topper to raise up a low spot that had been routinely collecting water. We had purchased the ball about this time last year. Not that we’re procrastinating or anything.
We’ve had some new experiences inspired by the pandemic’s restrictions. We had to order a custom paint color at Lowe’s and managed, with several phone calls, to get it ordered, paid for, tax exempt status recorded, and delivered to the bed of the truck. It would have been completely contact free, except we had to sign the tax exempt form. Whoops.
Another challenge came when Cathy’s sneaks started to give out. (All those nightly walks.) We managed to order some replacements at Kohl’s for curbside pick-up. It worked pretty smoothly, though it’s not clear how many people were taking advantage of this service.