We began our first Nomads project with a number of objectives: replace a water line to the sanctuary, strip and paint the posts along the breezeways and cover the roof of one of the buildings to slow its deterioration. The primary objective was the plumbing and it quickly grew in size and scope from a simple “replace the line to the sanctuary” to a project that ended up rerouting most of the water flow to this 14 acre site.
We start each morning at 8am with a short devotion and get directions for work for the day. There are breaks in the morning and afternoon and a hour for lunch mid-day. The evenings on our project were rarely idle. The church organized dinners for the group at the church, or we were invited to participate in church events: Wed. dinners, Circle Christmas party, UMW brunch, Sunday School Christmas parties, and so much more. We were invited to dinner at nearby restaurants and at member’s homes. We could say no, but we enjoyed being part of the church’s hospitality and its Christmas preparations.
We managed to get a few things done on the RV. Cathy made some tire covers from Sunbrella. We decided it was a wise idea to buy an extension cord, so that we aren’t quite so restricted in where we park the RV in the future. And Dave wired in a more permanent 12V plug and battery monitor. No more guessing about the health of the batteries